- Researchers believe the word “tabby” comes from Attabiyah, a neighborhood in Baghdad, Iraq. Tabbies got their name because their striped coats resembled the famous wavy patterns in the silk produced in this city.
- Cats hate the water because their fur does not insulate well when it’s wet. The Turkish Van, however, is one cat that likes swimming. Bred in central Asia, its coat has a unique texture that makes it water resistant.
- The Egyptian Mau is probably the oldest breed of cat. In fact, the breed is so ancient that its name is the Egyptian word for “cat.”
- The first commercially cloned pet was a cat named "Little Nicky." He cost his owner $50,000, making him one of the most expensive cats ever.
- A cat usually has about 12 whiskers on each side of its face.
- A cat’s eyesight is both better and worse than humans. It is better because cats can see in much dimmer light and they have a wider peripheral view. It’s worse because they don’t see color as well as humans do. Scientists believe grass appears red to cats.
- Spanish-Jewish folklore recounts that Adam’s first wife, Lilith, became a black vampire cat, sucking the blood from sleeping babies. This may be the root of the superstition that a cat will smother a sleeping baby or suck out the child’s breath.
- Perhaps the most famous comic cat is the Cheshire Cat in Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland. With the ability to disappear, this mysterious character embodies the magic and sorcery historically associated with cats.
AND SHARE THIS WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS... DON'T BE SELFISH
DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS SITE BY... EMAIL --- So You Can Always Quench The Thirst That Is So Deep Inside You For Knowledge And Truth...
11 Facts About Jaguars You Must Know
21 Dog Pictures To Help You Be A Happier Person,
21 Dogs That Are Being Funny Doing Silly Things,
22 Adorable Babies And Their Pet Dogs,
18 People Who Killed Defenseless Lions -- Murderers,
15 Animals That Want To Be Man's Best Friend,
21 Pictures Of A Dog - Birds -N- Hamster All Friends,
19 Thanksgiving Pet Safety Tips,