Migraine is one of the most painful illness you can suffer from, because it can come to you in so many ways, shapes and sizes; as well bring you so much discomfort that you will be unable to function or even do the simplest little tasks. But to others who do not see blood or an inflammation emanating from your body, they will wonder what is wrong with you and why you can't perform. But to you, with a heavy migraine, it will look like the world is about to be over and nothing but pain is coming down from heaven. All because when you suffer from a migraine, it will feel like someone took a fork and is stabbing you in the eye, or another person has taken a spoon and is trying to scrape out one side of your brain after cutting it open. So what can you do Beloved? Well first you must understand what a migraine really is and why type of it you are suffering from, and then you can begin one of the quick treatments that I am offering below.
Trigger Management: If you're prone to migraines, certain stimuli may bring them on. Track your headaches on a calendar to look for patterns and potential catalysts such as the following.
12 Easy Ways To Deal With Migraine
2. Ice Packs: Always opt for cold rather than heat to stop migraine pain. "Ice is an anti-inflammatory," says Carolyn Bernstein, MD, clinical director of Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians Comprehensive Headache Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
3. Massage your neck and temples. Rubbing your neck and temples can improve blood flow and soothe tension headaches. Also Warm up your neck and try putting a heating pad or a warm cloth around it and the base of your skull to ease tension headaches. If that doesn't help, you can apply an ice pack instead to see if that brings you headache relief.
4. Relax. Meditate, breathe deeply, and try to visualize a peaceful image. "Various relaxation techniques can significantly help patients who suffer from 'muscle contraction' headaches," says Rozental.
5. Minimize stress. If you have a bad headache, try to step away from stress, literally. Avoid noisy environments, leave work a little early if you can, or ask your partner to take care of chores or the kids.
7. Herbs: New recommendations from the American Academy of Neurology confirm that the herb butterbur can prevent migraines, possibly because it supports healthy blood flow to the brain. Dry-leaf capsules of feverfew may also reduce the frequency of migraines, though the clinical evidence is still inconclusive.
9. Anti-depressants: Tricyclics and SSRIs have been shown to be effective in treating migraines. Researchers say this is because some migraine attacks are characterized by abnormal levels of serotonin, which the drugs work to balance. But they're not usually advised if you don't need treatment for depression.
10. Some doctors support taking riboflavin (vitamin B2), magnesium, and coenzyme Q10, among other supplements, as part of a headache-relief strategy. But the evidence is scarce on their effectiveness, and they do carry risks of side effects.
11. Are you sensitive to fragrances and/or other odors? Remember that when shopping for sunscreen, insect repellent, and other summer products. Look for fragrance-free products. If you're not sure about chemical names listed in the ingredients, your pharmacist may be able to help you.
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS SITE BY... EMAIL --- So You Can Always Quench The Thirst That Is So Deep Inside You For Knowledge And Truth...
MORE HEALTH AND WELLNESS ARTICLES... SEE:
5 Easy And Proper Ways To Shave.
Quick Weight Loss, Easy Tips To Fit In That Outfit By Tonight.
Signs Of Stress... Top Ten Signs That You And Your Health Are Under Great Stress.
What Is Stress...Top Five Signs That You Are Under Stress And What To Do.
Depression, Why Does It Hurt You So Much During The Holidays.
Good Health, What Is Your Definition Of It.
Lose Weight Fast With These 3 Circuit Exercises.