To be a Surgeon means you have to perform Plastic Surgery, as well as Reconstructive Surgery on people because they either have had some kind of accidents, or they were born with certain gross deformities that would affect their lives, or they are just plain Vain and want to look better (According to their views) than God had already created them within their family gene pools. But whatever the reason, you as a Surgeon must do whatever you can for them and help them to look like what Society is expecting them to. And since nowadays the majority of surgeries have to do with Plastic Surgery, as folks seem to constantly want to change their body like they do with underwear, then it is best that you get a little bit of a history about Plastic Surgery. So Here Are 13 Facts About Plastic Surgery You Must Know:
- By the first century B.C., Romans were practicing various forms of plastic surgery to repair noses, eyes, lips, and teeth. Roman physician Cornelius Celsus (c. 25 B.C.-A.D. 50) also describes procedures such as circumcision reversal and even breast reduction in men.
- A popular procedure in ancient Rome was scar removal, particularly scars on the back which were marks of shame because they suggested a man had turned his back in battle—or worse, he had been whipped like a slave. Foreigners would also have plastic surgery to fit better into Roman society.
- During the Middle Ages, plastic surgery was typically deemed pagan and sinful because the spilling of blood by a surgeon and the power the surgeon had over the body were akin to magic.
- When plastic surgery became popular during the Renaissance, surgeons took skin grafts from various donors, such as a neighbor’s pig, but were confused when the new nose would shrivel up and fall off. They concluded the flesh was “sympathetic,” meaning that the graft died when its original owner died.
- Many plastic surgeries in the early Renaissance were performed in barber shops.
- Italian Gaspare Tagliacozzi (1546-1599) is widely considered the “father of modern plastic surgery.” His text book De curtorum chirugiau noted the need for plastic surgery due to duels and street fights, as well as a pervasive outbreak of syphilis which destroyed the nose. His “virtual” nose, however, could fall off if the user blew too hard, and young women with reconstructed noses were hardly objects of desire.
- Tagliacozzi was an atypical plastic surgeon during the Renaissance because he did not view illness, such as the syphilitic nose, as divine punishment. Instead he used the vocabulary of humanists such as Giovanni Francesco Pico della Mirandola (1463-94) to justify his surgical innovations as autonomous self-remaking. Tagliacozzi’s work disappeared mainly as a result of the Counterreformation.
- In 1794, British surgeons witnessed an Indian brick layer repair the nose of a British cattle driver who had his nose and hand cut off while a prisoner of the sultan. British surgeons imported the procedure back to northern Europe where interest rapidly grew.
- Karl Ferdinand Graefe (1787-1840) coined the term “plastic surgery” in his 1818 textRhinoplastik. He also attempted to remove the moral stigma associated with nose reconstruction by giving the procedure a classical name—rhinoplasty—to make it more similar to other surgical procedures.
- Surgeons who served in WWI established the American Association of Plastic Surgery in 1931 and helped curtail unregulated plastic surgery. They are the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world.
- WWII ushered in plastic surgery techniques that included rebuilding entire limbs, extensive skin grafts, microsurgery, antibodies, and increased knowledge about tissue health.
- Silicone breast implants grew in popularity in the 1960s. Show girls would inject their breasts with liquid silicone, a substance initially used in Japan in WWI to plump out legs withered by polio. Unfortunately, they could suffer dangerous side effects, such as amputation of the breast due to infection and guaranteed “pendulous” breasts by the time they reached 40.
- In Nazi Germany, some forms of reconstructive surgery were mandated to enable the “too ugly” solder to become a “real” soldier. Benito Mussolini’s (1880-1945) Italy also used plastic surgery to increase the performance of military officers, such as correcting drooping eyelids.
11. Internet Money Opportunities Reviews
12. Best Cars To Drive
13. Google Money Blog
14. Love Video Games
16. Aliens Landing Today
DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS SITE BY... EMAIL --- So You Can Always Quench The Thirst That Is So Deep Inside You For Knowledge And Truth...
ALSO, TAKE TIME TO VISIT MY BOOKS PAGE,
ALONG WITH MY UPLIFTING VIDEOS PAGE
BOOKS THAT WILL HELP YOUR HEALTH GREATLY..
All The Little Things That Your Health Needs Right Now. Book By James Dazouloute --- Get More Info. Right Now:
Quick Weight Loss Tips For Each New Day And Year. Book By James Dazouloute
HERE ARE A FEW ARTICLES AND VIDEOS ABOUT HOW TO LIVE A HEALTHY AND ACTIVE LIFESTYLE:
Weight Loss Pictures, 12 Ways to lose weight, 12 Diet to try, Funny Weight Loss, How to lose weight, 12 Ways to burn fat
Herbal Remedies, List Of Herbal Remedies, List of Herbal Teas, How to use Herbal Remedies, How to have good Health, Herbal Medicine, Herbs
How to burn fat, Fat Burning Supplement, Lose Fat, Weight Loss, Garcinia Cambogia, HCA, How to lose weight easy
18 Household cures for great health, 18 Ways to use household items as Cures, 18 Ways to cure yourself, Household Cures, Cures,
Love Wrestling, 12 Reasons You Must Love Wrestling, 12 Funny pictures of Wrestling, 12 Wrestling Moves
10 easy ways to lose weight, What to do to lose weight, Weight loss the easy way
Signs You Are Killing Yourself, Why you should take care of yourself, What to know about your body
Sleep, How to sleep, Benefits of sleep, Why you must sleep, What sleep can do for you
What people think at the gym, Why people talk at the gym, How to avoid others at the gym
How to work out, 20 things to never do at the Gym, Gym exercises to never do, How to work out safely
Weight Loss Foods... 7 Tips On How To Save Buying Them. By James Dazouloute
Lose Weight Healthy, And Keep It Off In 5 Easy Tips. By James Dazouloute
Shave Razor, 5 Easy And Proper Ways To Shave. By James Dazouloute
Quick Weight Loss, Easy Tips To Fit In That Outfit By Tonight. By James Dazouloute
Signs Of Stress... Top Ten Signs That You And Your Health Are Under Great Stress. By James Dazouloute
What Is Stress...Top Five Signs That You Are Under Stress And What To Do. By James Dazouloute
Flat Stomach, 5 Easy Ways To Get One. By James Dazouloute
Lose Weight, The Natural Way In 5 Easy Steps. By James Dazouloute
10 Quick Tips To Eat Less And Be Thin At Home. By James Dazouloute
10 Bizarre diseases, Pictures of bizarre diseases, 10 People who need surgery, How to help others a a Surgeon, Why become a Surgeon, Diseases, Illness
Great Miracles, 3 Unbelievable Great Medical Stories, The Human Body, Great Human Beings, Amazing Humans, Medical Miracles
Tags: Plastic Surgery, 13 Facts about Plastic Surgery, How did plastic surgery get started, Who started Plastic Surgery, Invention of Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Pictures