Animals are always fun to get to know, so learn all you can about them:
- The Latin name for moose is alces alces.
- The earliest European images of dogs are found in cave paintings dating back 12,000 years ago in Spain.
- Iguanas, koalas and komodo dragons all have two penises!
- The kangaroo’s ancestors lived in trees. Today there are eight different kinds of tree kangaroos.
- A woodpecker can peck 20 times per second.
- The great horned owl has no sense of smell.
- Scientists have performed brain surgery on cockroaches.
- The flea can jump up to 200 times its own height. This is equal to a man jumping the Empire State Building in New York.
- Most elephants weigh less than the tongue of a blue whale.
- The very first bomb that the Allies dropped on Berlin in World War Two hit an elephant.
- A garden caterpillar has 248 muscles in its head.
- A moth has no stomach.
- George Washington’s teeth were made of elephant ivory, and walrus tusks.
- Reindeer milk has more fat than cow milk.
- Goats and sheep are seasonal breeders.
- An elephant can smell water up to 3 miles away.
- Deer can’t eat hay.
- A skunk will not bite and throw its scent at the same time.
- In 2003, Dr. Roger Mugford invented the “wag-o-meter” a device that claims to interpret a dog’s exact mood by measuring the wag of its tail.
- Every day of the year, 100 whales are killed by whale fisherman.
- If you cut off a snail’s eye, it will grow a new one.
- The ostrich has two toes on each foot which gives it greater speed.
- Lonomia obliqua is the world’s deadliest caterpillar.
- ‘Jaws’ is the most common name for a goldfish.
- The most dogs ever owned by one person were 5,000 Mastiffs owned by Kubla Khan.
- On average, cows poop 16 times per day!
- The phrase “raining cats and dogs” originated in seventeenth-century England. During heavy rainstorms, many homeless animals would drown and float down the streets, giving the appearance that it had actually rained cats and dogs.
- The most poisonous fish in the world is the stone fish.
- Killer whales are not whales at all, rather a species of dolphin.
- Goats were the first animals domesticated by man in 10,000 B.C.
- Dogs have sweat glands in between their paws.
- The fear of animals is called zoophobia.
- We share 70% of our DNA with a slug.
- We share 98.4% of our DNA with a chimp.
- Fireflies do not bite or have pincers. Fireflies are harmless, they don’t even carry diseases.
- Chocolate, macadamia nuts, cooked onions, or anything with caffeine is harmful to dogs.
- No two tigers ever have the same stripes, and this is how individual tigers can be identified.
- The American Kennel Club, the most influential dog club in the United States, was founded in 1884.
Dog Ears, Dog body parts, 20 Dog Ears You Will Love, 20 Types Of Dogs, Facts About Dog Ears, Dog Earring
Fox, 40 Fox Pictures, 40 Funny Animals, Facts about Fox, 40 Best Fox Pictures, What is a Fox, Fox Information
Puppies, 17 Little Puppies That Make You Smile, Facts about Puppies, About Dogs, Information about Dogs, Best Puppies
Animals, Funny Animals, 12 Funny Animals That Act Crazy, 12 Crazy Animals, Best Funny Animals, Curious Animals
Animals, Twins, Look Alike, 25 Animals that have a look alike, Fun Animals, Animal pictures, Twin pictures, 25 Funny Animals
Tasmanian, Tasmanian Devils, 12 Funny Tasmanian Devils You Must Get To Know, Facts about Tasmanian Devil, What is a Tasmanian Devil, Tasmanian Devil Pictures, Tasmanian Cartoons
Cats, Caturday, 21 Caturday Jokes You Will Enjoy Everyday, 21 Funny Cats, Saturday Jokes, Caturday Pictures, The Weekend, How To Enjoy The Weekend
Fun Animals, 23 Fun Animal Facts You Must Know, Fun Facts About Animals, Information About Animals, 23 Pictures Of Animals. Secrets About Animals, Animals, Animals To Know
21 Funny Animals Being Jerks, Animal Pictures, 21 Funny Animals, 21 Mean Animals, Bully Animals, Crazy Animals, Fun Animals
Tagged: 38 Fun Facts About Animals, Animal Pictures, Animal Facts, Funny Animal Pictures, Animals Around The World, How To Get To Know Animals