- Eating seafood rich in Omega-3 may help pregnant women with depression.
- Overweight children feel more lonely and anxious than their normal-weight peers as early as kindergarten. Both boys and girls who felt depressed in kindergarten got worse over time.
- A recent Dutch study suggests that depressed dads are twice as likely to have an infant who cries excessively than dads who are not depressed.
- Postpartum depression affects about 10% of new mothers, according to the National Women’s Health Information.
- Fifty-eight percent of caregivers for an elderly relative experience symptoms of depression.
- Perimenopause (menopause transition) and the resulting reduced and fluctuating hormone levels can trigger depression.
- Long-term use of marijuana leads to changes in dopamine production and has been implicated in the onset of depressive symptoms.
- Mental Health America reports that over 5.5 million adults in the United States suffer from bipolar disorder, or manic depression, in a given year. This illness tends to run in families.
- People with depression are five times more likely to have a breathing-related sleep disorder than non-depressed people.
- William Styron wrote about his experiences with major depression in the bookDarkness Visible. He described depression as “a howling tempest in the brain,” “dreadful, pouncing seizures of anxiety,” a “kind of numbness, an enervation, an odd fragility—as if my body had actually become frail, hypersensitive, and somehow disjointed and clumsy.
- Author Sylvia Plath described her depression in terms a bell jar, which is a glass dome placed over fragile items to protect them. Her metaphor catches the terrifying sense of feeling both disconnected and suffocated; she can’t join with others and others can’t reach her.
12. Best Cars To Drive
BOOKS THAT WILL HELP YOU FOR A LONG TIME TO COME
AND SO FOR THIS REASON, I SHARE WITH YOU THESE RELATED ARTICLES AND LINKS BELOW:
Depression, Why Does It Hurt You So Much During The Holidays. By James Dazouloute
Why You Must Have A HEALTHY MIND... By James Dazouloute
How to deal with depression, 3 tips to beat depression, How to stop being depressed, What is depression
What is sadness, How to deal with depression, how to know when you are depressed, how to deal with disasters
What Is Stress, Stress And Depression, How to deal with Stress, How to deal with Depression, Stress, Depression, What is Depression
Depression, 10 Tips to deal with Depression, How to deal with Depression, How to get out of Depression, Mental Depression, Physical Depression, Emotional Depression
Depression, 7 Funny ways to deal with depression, How to deal with depression, What is depression, How to get out of depression, Depression Jokes, Funny Jokes
Depression, What is Depression, 18 Things To Know About Depression, How to deal with Depression, Causes of Depression, Depression Cures
Tagged: Depression, Depression Help, What is Depression, 21 Facts About Depression, How to cure Depression, Pictures Of Depression, Symptoms Of Depression