Kittens are always lovable, no matter what kind of day you're having.
- Most cats give birth to a litter of between one and nine kittens. The largest known litter ever produced was 19 kittens, of which 15 survived.
- Smuggling a cat out of ancient Egypt was punishable by death. Phoenician traders eventually succeeded in smuggling felines, which they sold to rich people in Athens and other important cities.
- The earliest ancestor of the modern cat lived about 30 million years ago. Scientists called it the Proailurus, which means “first cat” in Greek. The group of animals that pet cats belong to emerged around 12 million years ago.
- The biggest wildcat today is the Siberian Tiger. It can be more than 12 feet (3.6 m) long (about the size of a small car) and weigh up to 700 pounds (317 kg).
- The smallest wildcat today is the Black-footed cat. The females are less than 20 inches (50 cm) long and can weigh as little as 2.5 lbs (1.2 kg).
- Many Egyptians worshipped the goddess Bast, who had a woman’s body and a cat’s head.
- Mohammed loved cats and reportedly his favorite cat, Muezza, was a tabby. Legend says that tabby cats have an “M” for Mohammed on top of their heads because Mohammad would often rest his hand on the cat’s head.
- While many parts of Europe and North America consider the black cat a sign of bad luck, in Britain and Australia, black cats are considered lucky.
- The most popular pedigreed cat is the Persian cat, followed by the Main Coon cat and the Siamese cat.
- The smallest pedigreed cat is a Singapura, which can weigh just 4 lbs (1.8 kg), or about five large cans of cat food. The largest pedigreed cats are Maine Coon cats, which can weigh 25 lbs (11.3 kg), or nearly twice as much as an average cat weighs.
- Some Siamese cats appear cross-eyed because the nerves from the left side of the brain go to mostly the right eye and the nerves from the right side of the brain go mostly to the left eye. This causes some double vision, which the cat tries to correct by “crossing” its eyes.
- Researchers believe the word “tabby” comes from Attabiyah, a neighborhood in Baghdad, Iraq. Tabbies got their name because their striped coats resembled the famous wavy patterns in the silk produced in this city.
- Cats hate the water because their fur does not insulate well when it’s wet. The Turkish Van, however, is one cat that likes swimming. Bred in central Asia, its coat has a unique texture that makes it water resistant.
- The Egyptian Mau is probably the oldest breed of cat. In fact, the breed is so ancient that its name is the Egyptian word for “cat.”
- The costliest cat ever is named Little Nicky, who cost his owner $50,000. He is a clone of an older cat.
- A cat usually has about 12 whiskers on each side of its face.
- A cat’s eyesight is both better and worse than humans. It is better because cats can see in much dimmer light and they have a wider peripheral view. It’s worse because they don’t see color as well as humans do. Scientists believe grass appears red to cats.
- Spanish-Jewish folklore recounts that Adam’s first wife, Lilith, became a black vampire cat, sucking the blood from sleeping babies. This may be the root of the superstition that a cat will smother a sleeping baby or suck out the child’s breath.
- Perhaps the most famous comic cat is the Cheshire Cat in Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland. With the ability to disappear, this mysterious character embodies the magic and sorcery historically associated with cats.
- In the original Italian version of Cinderella, the benevolent fairy godmother figure was a cat.
- In Holland’s embassy in Moscow, Russia, the staff noticed that the two Siamese cats kept meowing and clawing at the walls of the building. Their owners finally investigated, thinking they would find mice. Instead, they discovered microphones hidden by Russian spies. The cats heard the microphones when they turned on.
- The little tufts of hair in a cat’s ear that help keep out dirt direct sounds into the ear, and insulate the ears are called “ear furnishings.”
- The ability of a cat to find its way home is called “psi-traveling.” Experts think cats either use the angle of the sunlight to find their way or that cats have magnetized cells in their brains that act as compasses.
- Isaac Newton invented the cat flap. Newton was experimenting in a pitch-black room. Spithead, one of his cats, kept opening the door and wrecking his experiment. The cat flap kept both Newton and Spithead happy.
- The world’s rarest coffee, Kopi Luwak, comes from Indonesia where a wildcat known as the luwak lives. The cat eats coffee berries and the coffee beans inside pass through the stomach. The beans are harvested from the cat’s dung heaps and then cleaned and roasted. Kopi Luwak sells for about $500 for a 450 g (1 lb) bag.
And Now, 21 Best Looking Kittens You Will Ever See:
11. Internet Money Opportunities Reviews
12. Best Cars To Drive...
13. Google Money Blog
14. Love Video Games
BOOKS That You Must Read:
ALSO... LEAVE A COMMENT -BELOW- AND SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE ABOUT THE SUBJECTS ABOVE
DO SUPPORT US... FOR THE GREAT KNOWLEDGE WE HAVE SHARED WITH YOU... WE SUPPORT CHARITIES.
More Related Best Funny Cats Articles And Videos... Just For You:
12 best funny cats, 12 adorable cats, 12 cat videos, 12 cat pictures, Cats, Funny Cats
10 Funny Cats, 10 Amazing Cats, 10 Wonderful cats to love, Cats, Cat Animals
10 Cats that make you laugh, 10 super funny cats you must see, Cats, 10 Best Cats, Fun Cats
13 Funny Cats, 13 Great Cats That Make You Laugh, 13 Cats You must see being funny, 13 Cats that are Funny
20 Great Funny Cats you'll love, 20 funny things that Cats say, 20 Ways to enjoy Cats and laugh with them
12 Funny Cats, Cats, 12 Cats That Are So Funny, 12 Adorable Cats, What do cats do
Love Cats, Top Ten Things To Do For Cats, How To Understand Cats, How To Love Cats, 10 Ways To Help Cats
12 Funny Cats That Dance For You, 12 Cats Dancing, Cats, Animals Dancing, 12 Funny Cats Dancing, How to dance
12 Cats To Look At And Laugh, 12 Funny Cats You Must See, 12 Cats That Do Funny Things, Cats,
2 Abandoned Kittens, 2 Kittens trying to survive, 2 Little cats that need help, Kittens, How to feed kittens, How to take care of kittens
13 Funny Cats You Must Laugh With, Why are Cats so funny, 13 Funny Cat Pictures, Best funny Cats, 13 Facts about Cats
12 Funniest Cats Ever, 12 Best funny cats to see, 12 Crazy Things That Cats Do, Cats, Funny Cats, Cats making faces
12 Crazy Cats, 12 Funny cats, How to laugh at cats, 12 Cats to make you laugh, Crazy Cats, Cat Food, Cat medicine
2 Abandoned Kittens A Journey, 12 Kitten Pictures, 12 Beautiful Cats, 12 Cat Pictures, Survival Journey Of 2 Kittens, Kittens Survival
Funny Cats, 12 Cat Facts You Must Know, 12 Funny Cats to make you laugh, What are Cats, Cat Pictures
Crazy Cats, 35 Crazy Cats That Will Make You Die Laughing, 35 Funny Cats You Will Love, 35 Fun Facts About Cats
Cats, Funny Cats. Funny Cats Pics, 17 Funny Cats That Will Make You Smile, About Cats, Cat Facts, Cats Information, Cat pictures, Cats funny quotes
Cats, Angry Cats, 12 Funny Angry Cats That Make You Laugh, 12 Funny Cats, Cat Pictures, Cat Facts, Best Funny Cats
Cats, Massage, 19 Funny Cats Giving A Massage, Facts about Cats, Cat Paws, Information about Cats, Cat Pictures, Cat Gifs, Cats Massaging
Tagged: Kittens, Facts about Kittens, 21 Best Looking Kittens You Will Ever See, Info About Cats, Cat Pictures, Fun Kittens, Sweet Kittens, Kitten Pictures