Depression is no laughing matter, but you can find things to laugh about that will help you to be in a much better mood instantly and remain that way for the rest of your day. Because as you know, when you are depressed, you have to take things hour by hour, moments by moments and day by day. Since any little thing that goes wrong unexpectedly can quickly put you right in a depressed mood.
Here Are 10 Facts About Depression You Must Know First:
- The main risk factors of depression include past abuse (physical, sexual, emotional), certain medications (drugs that treat high blood pressure), conflict with family members or friends, death or loss, chronic or major illness, and a family history of depression.
- Even positive events such as graduating, getting married, a new job can lead to depression.
- Nearly 30% of people with substance abuse problems also suffer from depression.
- More than 20 million people in the United States suffer from depression in a given year.
- Women are twice as likely to suffer from depression than men. Women may be at a higher risk for depression due in part to estrogen, which may alter the activity of neurotransmitters that contribute to depression.
- At some point in their lives, about one in four Americans will experience depression.
- Once men hit midlife, they may face an increased risk of depression due to the decrease of testosterone.
- Men typically experience depression differently from women and use different means to cope. For example, while women may feel hopeless, men may feel irritable. Women may crave a listening ear, while men may became socially withdrawn or become violent or abusive.
- Researchers have recently found that those who suffer from depression are at risk for low bone mineral density. Depressed women are especially at risk for developing osteoporosis.
- Abraham Lincoln first fell into a deep depression after Ann Rutledge, his first love, died. Lincoln reportedly suffered from chronic depression his entire life
12. Best Cars To Drive
BOOKS THAT WILL HELP YOU FOR A LONG TIME TO COME
AND SO FOR THIS REASON, I SHARE WITH YOU THESE RELATED ARTICLES AND LINKS BELOW:
Depression, Why Does It Hurt You So Much During The Holidays. By James Dazouloute
Why You Must Have A HEALTHY MIND... By James Dazouloute
How to deal with depression, 3 tips to beat depression, How to stop being depressed, What is depression
What is sadness, How to deal with depression, how to know when you are depressed, how to deal with disasters
What Is Stress, Stress And Depression, How to deal with Stress, How to deal with Depression, Stress, Depression, What is Depression
Depression, 10 Tips to deal with Depression, How to deal with Depression, How to get out of Depression, Mental Depression, Physical Depression, Emotional Depression
Tags: Depression, 7 Funny ways to deal with depression, How to deal with depression, What is depression, How to get out of depression, Depression Jokes, Funny Jokes