Halloween is now a time to have fun with your friends, for kids to go trick or treating, for people to decorate their homes and for party goers to dress up as their favorite characters. And even though Halloween did not start out as this great festive moment, the modern era has fully embraced this old Witches Tradition into an amicable way to have plenty of fun. And that should not surprise you in any way, especially since the current culture's motto is -- Good means Bad, Bad means Good, Drugs are Cool, Immorality is Awesome etc... But to be fair to the current culture, they are not doing anything different than what the Greeks, the Romans, the Persians, the Babylonians have done when it was their time to be the influencing culture. And so let's just enjoy Halloween for what it currently is, and here are some fun facts about this great festival to begin with:
- Because the movie Halloween(1978) was on such a tight budget, they had to use the cheapest mask they could find for the character Michael Meyers, which turned out to be a William Shatner Star Trekmask. Shatner initially didn’t know the mask was in his likeness, but when he found out years later, he said he was honored.
- The first Jack O’Lanterns were actually made from turnips.
- Halloween is the second highest grossing commercial holiday after Christmas.
- The word “witch” comes from the Old English wicce, meaning “wise woman.” In fact,wiccan were highly respected people at one time. According to popular belief, witches held one of their two main meetings, or sabbats, on Halloween night.
- Samhainophobia is the fear of Halloween.
- Fifty percent of kids prefer to receive chocolate candy for Halloween, compared with 24% who prefer non-chocolate candy and 10% who preferred gum.
- The owl is a popular Halloween image. In Medieval Europe, owls were thought to be witches, and to hear an owl's call meant someone was about to die.
- According to Irish legend, Jack O’Lanterns are named after a stingy man named Jack who, because he tricked the devil several times, was forbidden entrance into both heaven and hell. He was condemned to wander the Earth, waving his lantern to lead people away from their paths.
- The largest pumpkin ever measured was grown by Norm Craven, who broke the world record in 1993 with a 836 lb. pumpkin.
- Stephen Clarke holds the record for the world’s fastest pumpkin carving time: 24.03 seconds, smashing his previous record of 54.72 seconds. The rules of the competition state that the pumpkin must weigh less than 24 pounds and be carved in a traditional way, which requires at least eyes, nose, ears, and a mouth.
And Now, SEE 13 Halloween Pranks You Could Pull On Your Friends..
AND SHARE THIS WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS... DON'T BE SELFISH
DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS SITE BY... EMAIL --- OR --- R.S.S FEED --- OR--- BY JOINING GOOGLE FEED ABOVE. So You Can Always Quench The Thirst That Is So Deep Inside You For Knowledge And Truth...
11. Internet Money Opportunities Reviews
12. Best Cars To Drive
13. Google Money Blog
14. Love Video Games
16. Aliens Landing Today
BOOKS That You Can't Do Without Right Now..
And To Begin Helping You The Right Ways... Here Are Some Books Of Mine: (Front And Back Covers)
How To Make Life Disasters Work For You. Book By James Dazouloute --- Get More Info. Right Now:
About Your Life... Master These 12 Areas And Become A god Of Success. Book By James Dazouloute -- Get More Info. Right Now:
My God And Me... Poetry In Motion.. Poetry Book By James Dazouloute --- Get More Info. Right Now
Top 66 Reasons Why You Need A Life Coach To Help You Live Your Dreams. Book By James Dazouloute - Get More Info. Right Now:
DISASTER SURVIVAL... YOUR SURVIVAL THAT IS... NEEDS TO BE AT ITS VERY BEST. AND TO DO THAT, PLEASE CHECK OUT THESE ARTICLES AND LINKS BELOW TO HELP YOU GET READY AND STAY READY:
Disaster, 8 Disaster events to help You prepare, disaster help, what is a disaster, disaster scriptures, overcome disaster, disaster survival
Medieval Times, Facts about Medieval Times, What to know about Medieval Times, People in Medieval Times
15 Natural Disasters, 15 Natural Events, 15 Pictures Of Natural Disasters, How To Survive, How To Prepare For Natural Disasters, Disasters, Mother Nature
15 Best ways to deal with Awkward Moments, Awkward Moments, 15 Funny Pictures about Awkward Moments, How to deal with Awkward Moments
Hold On... Why Do You Need To Hold On In A Disaster. By James Dazouloute
Disaster Preparedness, How Not To Fear And Face It Head On. By James Dazouloute
NO MORE... Being A Victim, STARTING TODAY. By James Dazouloute
When Will The World End. By James Dazouloute
End Of The World... See How You Must Be Ready If... By James Dazouloute
Tags: Halloween, Halloween Pranks, 13 Halloween Pranks You Could Pull On Your Friends, Halloween Costumes, Halloween Parties, Halloween Pictures, Facts about Halloween