What do you really know about Frogs, other than you used to be forced to dissect them back in school? But other than that, you have to wonder what kind of life these amazing animals live, and if there isn't more to the Frogs that meets the eye? Because when you see Frogs near your house, all you see is a mysterious animal specie who is staring at you, or just stopping for a long time at your door or in your grass without moving, and so you wonder if it is a messenger or if it is looking for a home, or for food, or does it even want to make a new friend with you? And of course you have heard some of the myths like, if a green Frog is at your door, do not move it because it is a fore bearer of money coming to you soon. Or another wonderful myth is a Frog that woos a princess and asks her for a kiss. At first the princess is frightened and disgusted, which is a normal reaction for human beings when another being does not look like them even though the Frog is constantly in water, but she feels sorry for the poor frog and kisses him. And suddenly, the frog is transformed into a handsome prince, and the prince and princess are married, living happily ever after. Or sometimes that mythical story is reversed. The frog or toad is a girl, and a young man must take the chance in order to discover a beautiful princess or bride. But either way, today I want to share with you 12 Funny Frogs That Will Make You Laugh So Hard with their funny looks, funny ways and crazy lifestyle.
8. Hey Back Up Off Me, Back Up Human!!!!
10. Just A Silly Frog And His Buddy Having A Nice Time... Sesame Street
12. This Frog Missed Its Meal Completely.... Hey It Happens!!!
Some Fun Facts About Frogs So You Can Get To Know Them Better:
- Frogs always absorb water through their skin so they don't need to drink, and just focus on eating.
- Frogs after they have mated and did their duty to procreate according to the laws of nature, can lay as many as 4,000 eggs in frogspawn.
- Look at your eyes and your nose, where are they? In the front right, but the eyes and nose of a frog are on top of its head so it can breathe and see when most of its body is under the water.
- You have legs for running and so do the Frogs, but Frogs have long back legs and webbed feet for jumping and swimming.
- Certain frogs can jump up to 20 times their own body length in a single leap.
- I know you love eating meat, but so do the frogs, because Frogs usually eat meat (bugs and worms) and swallow their food whole.
- Just like us Humans have Giants in our midst, so to do the frogs. Because the world's biggest frog is the Goliath frog from Cameroon in West Africa. Their body can be one-foot long.
- And of course if you have Giants you are also going to have Dwarfs. So the smallest frogs in the world are less than half-an-inch long.
- In the Seychelles, there is a male frog that carries its young around on its back until they become adults.
- People who study frogs and toads are called herpetologists. Herpetology is the study of amphibians and reptiles.
- Want to know the age of a Frog? Frog bones form a new ring every year when the frog is hibernating, just like trees do. Scientists can count these rings to discover the age of the frog.
- And here is another myth for you about Frogs: Because frogs come out in the rain, people used to think that they fell to earth in the rain! And in nineteenth century England, people tried catching them to prove it.
- Here is a weird fact about Frogs: One type of desert frog can wait as long as seven years for water by surrounding itself in a type of transparent bag that becomes its first meal once the rain comes.
- Lucky you because you can see in color, but Amphibians' eyes come in all shapes and sizes. Some even have square or heart shaped pupils. But amphibians don't see color -- they only see in black or white.